How to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 6T device
If you really want unlock bootloader of oneplus 6t then you are at right place, I will tell you all the steps to unlockboot loader of oneplus 6t. I know that lots of oneplus user struggling to root their oneplus devices. There are lots of tips and tutorial regarding to unlock bootloader but mostly still not working.
After deeply searching about the oneplus bootloader and rooting, some of the developers modified there bootloader to used a different command for that and I have found a method that is really worked for me, so I am going to share that method which have I used on my oneplus device.
So without wasting time let’s get started to unlock bootloader of oneplus devices.
Why need to unlock Bootloades ?
Answer is when someone want to increase the performance, accessibility, access all the permission, customise by own knowledge, installing custom ROMs, access root permission etc.
this method tested on Oneplus 6 and Oneplus 6T (there are some problems) 6. Go, Unlock & add a new device here 🙂
1. If you unlock bootloader then you are void warranty of oneplus device.
2. We are not responsible for Any damages.
3. This method only for those devices which is listed above.
Before starting you need to fulfill some basic requirements.
- Take full backup of Devices.
- Install oneplus USB drivers on your Computer.
- Turn on USB debugging in you devices.
- Enable USB debugging
- Enable OEM
- Install oneplus official drivers
There are some pre-requirements that you have to complete that:
- Make sure you have to install Oneplus 6T USB Drivers for your Windows, MAC and Linux OS.
- Make sure that you have to unlock bootloader of your oneplus 6t .
- Install ADB and FastBoot drivers and Tools in your PC or Laptop
- At least 70% battery charged your device
- Take full backup of you device
- Require USB debugging and OEM unlocking Enable.
How to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking
There are few steps to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking
- First of all search Setting option and open it, then scroll down and find and open about option
- Now in about option scroll down again and search build number, tap 7 times on build number and enable Developer Option.
- Now go back in main setting page and scroll down at the bottom, open Developer Option.
- Enable Developer Option, USB debugging, OEM unlocking and also enable Advance Reboot Option.
That’s all for Setting Modification and enabling all the require setting options. Now, you are ready to unlock bootloader on your devices.
Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 6T
Here you need to follow some steps for the unlocking bootloader on you devices.
- Click here to download and Setup Minimal ADB fastboot tool and drivers
- Turn off you device and again turn on into fastboot mode by Pressing of Volume UP + Power button simultaneously.
- Connect Oneplus 6T to PC via standard USB cable. ( Make sure usb driver installed in your PC)
- Now, you have to access Minimal ADB folder. Here is the path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Now open “cmd” command window. In Windows ,by pressing of Shift Key + Right Click.
- Let’s check that your device is properly connected or note by giving command in cmd.
- Here you can see the serial number which means, it can worked perfectly
- Now the you need to type another command to unlock bootloader of Oneplus 6T. (Before type this command let me tell you that, when you type this command it will wipe all your data so make sure to take a full backup of your data)
fastboot oem unlock
- At this stage, it can ask you to conform to complete the process. Just press volume up botton and it can highlight unlocking bootloader and power button to select it.
- After the completion process, it will automatically boot into recovery mode.
- here your unlock bootloader on oneplus 6t process is completed.